Student & Resident Board Member Application
The Mississippi Academy of Family Physicians (MAFP) and the MAFP Foundation (MAFPF) provide opportunities for the future leaders of family medicine to enhance their education and training, make professional connections and gain real-world experience. We are seeking medical students and family medicine residents to serve a one-year term on either the MAFP Board of Directors or the MAFP Foundation Board of Trustees.
As a Student or Resident Board Member, you will represent student or resident membership throughout the state. The Board meets several times per year at Spring Fling Conference (Jackson, MS), Annual Meeting (Sandestin, FL), Fall Meeting (TBD) and December Social (TBD). The election for student and resident board members takes place at the Spring Fling Conference and is voted on by student and resident members only. Application deadline: April 6.
What’s the Difference Between Our Two Boards?Expand or collapse this section
MAFP Board of Directors
Mission: Supports Family Medicine physicians as they improve the health of all Mississippians.
– Governing body of the MAFP
– In charge of the Academy’s membership, finances, legislative and regulatory issues, policy matters, CME events and relationship with AAFP
MAFP Foundation Board
Mission: Secures resources to enhance Family Medicine education and training to promote wellness of all Mississippians.
– Oversees the Academy’s 501(c)(3) fund raising efforts
– Decides how to invest and spend the monies raised from fund raisers to benefit Family Medicine.
Eligibility to Serve:Expand or collapse this section
– Attending MAFPF Spring Fling
– A 2nd or 3rd year medical student in good standing at a Mississippi medical school. NOTE: M1, M2 and M3 students are eligible to apply, but preference will be given to M2 and M3 students.
– A resident in good standing at a residency program. NOTE: M4 students should apply for a resident position, as the term of office runs from May 2022 to the following May 2023.